02 January 2013

Hello, 2013!

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
I'm a little late, but that's alright! I can't believe it's already another New Year! I tell ya, 2012 had it's highs, but also MANY lows. I think for me personally, I'm ready to start fresh with a new set of resolutions.

Shape Up.  Weight has never really been an issue and It's been a while since I've resolved to shape up, but last year unfortunately all I did was eat up! haha

Oh and it didn't help that I got sick more times than I've ever had too.  I'm not making any excuses, it's my fault but since this time last year, I've gained 35 LBS!!! Holy smokes!!

HOWEVER, I really do need to get back into shape.



One thing I do realize now is that one saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I strayed from what I knew worked for me and tried too many different diets and exercises that only got me overwhelmed and before I knew it, I started to go insane and just stopped. Fitness is different for everyone. For me, it's all about the basics. If I get too fancy and start doing a million different things, my body just shuts down lol. My idea of the basics was cardio cardio cardio! And my cardio of choice is jumping rope, running, and a little bit of dancing. Simplicity is the key thing FOR ME! I've read a lot about how people are the opposite; they can't do the same thing all the time or they'll get bored. That makes total sense, but I guess i'm not other people. I have to listen to ME! :)

So back to basics I go and I plan on blogging the entire way. Nothing better to hold me accountable than the interwebs! :)



Blog It. Another resolution I have is to start blogging MORE consistently! I'm looking back at my entries and every now and then there are 3 week even month long breaks where I just don't blog lol. I need to get inspired and start blogging again. I sometimes forget how good it feels to blog.


Edu-ma-cate. I'm going back to school this spring and I'm so nervous! It's been so long lol. If I want to start my own business, I need the tools and knowledge to do so! I really thought I was going to stick to my plans of going to culinary school, but the longer I thought about it the more I realized that it's more of a hobby than anything I want as a career at least right now. I've never been more excited to go back to school! but still nervous...hehe

 ^_^


So yeah, my 3 main resolutions. Of course, I'm sure other goals will pop up along the way. Don't worry, I'll make sure to share them!

Oh and just to be clear, I still will be posting delicious recipes that may or may not be the best for you. My next post will be my mom's coconut macaroons! The recipe was hiding somewhere deep in her memory, but she was able to extract it in time for the holidays. I helped her bake it and they came out delicious!

Happy New Year, world! 
I hope 2013 brings us all many more great moments!


Go Feast Yourself!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...