02 January 2013

2013 New Year's Green Smoothie Challenge - Day 1 & 2

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
The first time I was invited to do the Green Smoothie Challenge, I was a little hesitant because I didn't know too much about it, but looking back now I'm so happy I did. It's gotten me more excited about getting healthy and quite frankly let's face it, you can only cook vegetables so many ways. Knowing that I can consume those vital nutrients in a refreshing way that can also possibly satiate my incredibly huge sweet tooth is a plus.

So when I was invited to do it again for the new year, I was too quick to accept. :)




For New Year's, it's a Filipino tradition to prepare 13 different types of fruits (preferably round, but any will do!) to welcome in good luck in the coming year. Much of these fruits will be going into my smoothies. Yum! :)

For Day 1, I unfortunately did not get in my green smoothie. However, I sorta made up for it by having 2 servings today!


Day 2

Creamy Avocado and Banana Smoothie





For Day 2, I made something a little different. One of my favorite bubble tea drinks to get is the Avocado flavor. A lot of people may not associate avocado with desserts or anything sweet, but I swear the mild flavor and creamy texture combined with honey or bananas is an absolute triumph. I tried to keep it as minimal as possible by wizzing up some avocado and banana chunks, some grapes for more sweetness and water content, and a little bit of milk to accentuate the creamy avocado.

The results are amazing! I made enough for 2 servings. One for an in-between breakfast and lunch snack and then the other for after my workout.  I feel refreshed and ready for the rest of the day.


Go Feast Yourself!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...