04 January 2013

2013 New Year's Green Smoothie Challenge - Days 3 & 4

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
 Day 3

Lemony Basil & Mango Green Tea Smoothie

I know the whole point of drinking a GREEN smoothie is to actually incorporate leafy greens and all its wonderful health benefits, BUT who says I can't use GREEN in TEA form? haha I'm actually trying to cut back on my coffee in-take and though I've always enjoyed green tea when I do decide to make it, it's not something I gravitate towards like I do with coffee. I decided to have a little fun with it. Along with the basil, mango, and lemon juice, I also added some grapes, which are not pictured, for a little more sweetness. After drinking this mid-day I was off the walls and had so much energy. 

The best part? I didn't experience the dreaded crash! woohoo!

Someone's got their eyes on my smoothie!



Day 4

Basil and Peach Green Smoothie

Today was such a beautiful day. The sun was out and the skies blue. My overall favorite greens to work with is spinach because of its mild flavor. But lately I've been obsessed with adding basil to my green smoothies. Basil as you know is slightly sweet and minty. I just think it tastes so good with fruit.

Not to mention the many health benefits of basil, which include but are not limited to the following: 
  • A natural anti-flammatory that can help block the enzymes in our body that cause swelling in the bones and tissues. i.e. rheumatoid arthritis.
  • Can be used to treat constipation, stomach cramps, bloating, flatulence
  • Helps cure cough & colds, flu, stomach flu, as well as other sinus infections and bronchitis 
  • Great source of magnesium, which helps promote good blood flow and overall cardiovascular health 
  • Filled with anti-oxidants
  • Anti-bacterial


  




TGIF!

Go Feast Yourself!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...