05 January 2013

2013 New Year's Green Smoothie Challenge - Day 5

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly

One thing I'll always be amused by is how the entire first part of our day, the sun is shining, the skies are blue, not a cloud in sight, the wind nippy, but nothing we can't handle---all working in good harmony to make our otherwise day of complete banality a little bit brighter......ONE bathroom break later and I walk outside to a full on blizzard happening.

Gotta love Chicago!


^_^


Day 5

BBC Green Smoothie
Broccoli, Banana, and Celery!


I read somewhere that adding celery to your green smoothie is much like adding salt to a cake batter. The sodium...dietary sodium ;)....enhances the sweetness. Not to mention, celery's jam packed with anti-oxidants, Vitamin B's (all sorts of 'em), folic acid, Vitamin C, and my favorite....FIBER!!!

I wasn't ready to add complete stalks, so I used the leaves as well as the small softer branches near the top. I definitely could taste the celery, but I personally like it so I didn't mind at all. I also added some green tea to liquify the situation and some grapes and apples for more fiber and flavor :)





Hope your day was as bright as my first half was! If not, hopefully this picture of my bud, Sherlock can at least put a smile on your face! :)


Go Feast Yourself!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...