07 January 2013

2013 New Year's Smoothie Challenge - Days 6 & 7

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
 
Collard Green Hodge Podge Smoothie



So the past 2 days, I decided to use the same type of greens. I decided to try something completely different from what I'm used to and that's, COLLARD GREENS! As you may know, collard greens are much like spinach, but stronger in flavor, slightly bitter even, just overall more....green tasting lol. I mixed it with whatever fruits I had left, which included pineapple, grapes, apples, mango, citrus of all sorts. It was a hodge podge for sure! I just wanted to mask the flavor of the collards as best I can and thankfully I did just that. Out of all the smoothies I made, although still enjoyable, this one definitely was not my favorite at all.  I don't know if it's the copious amount of random fruits or the collard greens or both that put me off, but I didn't care for this one. I actually much prefer kale.

 I know. I feel a bit disappointed in myself, but hopefully the more I drink it the more I'll get used to it.




I'm not one to give up on a food just because I didn't like it the first time. Our taste buds change ever few years, so it's always a good idea to keep re-trying different foods because you may be surprised what you end up liking this time around.


Overall, this round of the Smoothie Challenge was as always super fun and informative. Thanks to Katherine for the invite!! I've been working out almost everyday since the holidays ended determined to take back my health and these smoothies have truly helped wonders to jump start a cleaner diet.

I'm not going to lie, I don't drink green smoothies outside of these challenges as often as I should, BUT the fact that I've included them in my diet is a step in the right direction. The more I experiment, the more I learn and I'll include drinking more green smoothies into the 2013 Resolution List! :)

Cheers to all the other participants as well! It was fun reading about your experiences :)

Get Your Feast On!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...