22 September 2012

Hello Autumn! Bacon Infused Lasagna

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly




I had originally planned on making just a very traditional style lasagna, simple enough. I saw a container of ricotta and immediately started prepping. The last thing I expected was to open the container halfway through layering to find dried fruits instead of cheese hehe. Luckily we still had a a lot of mozzarella, so problem solved. Not having butter was a different story. I wasn't sure if you could make bechamel sauce any other way. I figured fat is fat and bacon fat was the best solution hehe.

In the end, I did not make a traditional style lasagna, but a lasagna nonetheless.  It's funny because I don't even like ricotta cheese. My favorite lasagna recipe is by the Neely's. I posted about it a while back. I wasn't sure f the mozzarella on it's own would just taste bland, but the bacon flavor in the bechamel sauce made everything taste better. I also added fresh basil to cut through all the meatyness.

This is a great recipe to welcome the new season! Happy Fall!!


 I posted some pictures of the process. Hope you enjoy!


Step 1: Prepare bacon bechamel sauce and meat layer 
(browned ground beef and spahetti sauce)

Step 2: Prepare pasta sheets (Homemade Pasta Recipe)


START LAYERING!


Layer 1: Spaghetti Sauce

Layer 2: First pasta sheet

Layer 3: bechamel sauce and mozzarella cheese

Layer 4: FRESH BASIL! yuummmm


REPEAT LAYERING PROCESS!


Final Layer: Sprinkle top with extra cheese.


Then bake in 375 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Top will be golden brown.


Get Your Feast On!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...