07 September 2012

7-Day Green Smoothie Challenge - Day 5

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly



I can't believe it's Day 5 already! For today I decided to do a green smoothie version of the Master Cleanse Lemonade, which I know sounds kinda weird. I was running out of ideas and my mom mentioned her co-worker was doing it. I felt a little tickle in the back of my throat and some dizziness, which is a bad sign and cayenne pepper works like a charm for sore throats so I thought this drink would be a great "pick-me-up". I've been sipping on it all day and I feel much better!

For another super healthy green drink, my Day 4 entry is also a great smoothie to prevent colds and ease indigestion.
 



Green Lemonade Pick-Me-Up

Ingredients
  • 2 large handfuls kale
  • juice of a lemon
  • 1 tbsp honey (or to taste)
  • pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
  • 1 1/2 cup water
Cooking Directions
  1. Smoothie will be very thin, almost juice-like. 


Get Your Feast On!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...