03 February 2011

Banana Bread

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
The last few times I've made banana bread, I've done something to it to try and mix things up...add peanut butter, nuts, chocolate chips, etc. A few weeks ago I had a craving for just straight up banana bread. Something I always preach in life and remind others is that SIMPLICITY is BEAUTIFUL. The whole "less is more" definitely applies here. I'm very happy with the final result. I normally use grated nutmeg, but had fresh ones in hand....wowwwww, it makes all the difference in the world..so good!

To go along with it I made a compound butter with honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. YUM!


I urge anyone to try this and please, let me know what you think!

For the recipe,




- 2 overripe banans mashed
- 1/2 C butter room temperature
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt (roughly 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional. I put some for extra depth)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and smashed bananas until well blended. Sift in dry ingredients at once and stir until everything is moisten and you don't see any white flour anymore. DO NOT OVERMIX! (over mixing causes bread to come out dry, dense, and not as good)

Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray and bake for about 45 mins - an hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

ENJOY!!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, I love your compound butter idea. Although your banana bread looks so good I'd eat it even without any butter on it. I have a sweet treat linky on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your bread up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lisa! I'll be there this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I gotta try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so easy and looks so delicious, thank you, certainly will give you the feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...