27 November 2010

Easy Pumpkin Curry Soup

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
One of the best cooking tips I learned is making pumpkin puree at home instead of buying it. Now that I have a good supply of it handy in my freezer, I can just grab some whenever I need it and I'm good to go! :)

Here's a simple Indian inspired soup that I whipped up for my mom who just had her chipped molar extracted. For a good few weeks she couldn't eat any solid food. Thank God she's healing pretty well though.



For the recipe,


- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 C onion finely chopped
- 1 C celery finely chopped
- 1 C carrot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 3 C chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste

Saute celery, onions, carrots, and garlic in oil until a little bit tender. Add pumpkin puree and continue to saute until vegetables are fully tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then let simmer on medium-low heat for another 10 minutes. 


Using an immersion blender, blend everything together until creamy soup is formed. 


Serve with cinnamon flavored croutons and/or a dollop of sour cream. Add cilantro leaves as well for fresh flavor if you like. (I didn't have any on hand). 


Optional: Add chopped pumpkin, squash, and carrots to the soup as well to make it heartier.

ENJOY!!


-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...