11 July 2010

Crumbly Goodness!

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
Two of my favorite desserts of all time is the good ole fashion blueberry or peach cobbler and the traditional apple crisp. I decided to marry the 2 ideas and create what I call, the Blueberry Crumbly!! Blueberries (or my other favorite, Peaches!) from the cobbler and the crispy (although mine is more of a crispy/cakey topping) from the Apple Crisp. It took me many, many, many trials and unfortunately many errors as well before I ended up with the result I was most happy with.






The real beauty about this recipe is you can replace the peach with any fruit you like. Here's a pic of a version I did with blueberries! Just as yummy!

Topping/Crumbly

- 1 C flour
- 1/2 stick butter chilled & cubed
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 hot water

Filling

- 2 C fresh blueberries
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Stir together filling ingredients into baking pan and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until bubbly and sugar has carmalized.

Take out and let cool

Whisk together dry ingredients and using fork (or fingers) smash chilled butter cubes into dry ingredients until little bits of butter are well scattered throughout. Slowly add hot water until creamy (will resemble cake batter, but slightly thicker).

Using teaspoon or fingers, form clumps and layer evenly over fruit filling

Bake for 40-45 mins or until golden brown.

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...