28 July 2010

Cookies 'n' Cream Cupcakes!

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
It's funny I managed to get my chocolate cupcakes recipe down pat on just trial #2, but when it came to making basic vanilla cupcakes for the first time, I pretty much failed miserably. Luckily I have one brother who totally devoured them despite the closer resemblance they had to cookies rather than cakes and another brother who was able to scientifically figure out what went wrong and correct it.

I decided to do something I haven't really done in a while and that is I actually followed a recipe this time haha. Thank you to foodnetwork.com for providing me with a good backbone to get creative (well not really lol). I adapted my recipe from their vanilla cupcake recipe, however it did not list a specific author or chef, so I will just credit the Food Network website :)
 
I also blame the show, Cupcake Wars on FoodNetwork for reminding me weekly my obsession with cupcakes. I've always loved them, but now I just want to make them everyday!! haha






Cookies 'n' Cream Cupcakes
(adapted from the Basic Vanilla Cupcake recipe on foodnetwork.com)


Cupcakes
- 3/4 C butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 C milk room temp
- small pinch of salt
- 1 C crushed oreo cookies (about 7 cookies total)



preheat oven to 350 degrees F

In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients to make sure ingredients are evenly spread throughout and to assure no lumps in batter.

With a regular whisk (not electric mixer as you will tend to overbeat) whisk eggs and sugar until creamy and pale yellow. Add cooled butter slowly while whisking. Add vanilla extract.

Add dry ingredients in 3 batches. After the first batch, add the milk and continue whisking. Add the other 2 batches while alternating whisking to insure a smooth batter. (Batter will be slightly runny, this is okay!) Add half of the crushed oreo cookies to batter and lightly fold in.

DO NOT OVERBEAT! This will take away fluffiness of cupcakes!



Scoop out batter onto prepared cupcake liners about 1/3-1/2 full.

Add a little more cookie crumbs on the center of cupcakes.








 After baking for 18-20 minutes (do toothpick test), cupcakes should turn out like this!


Adding the extra cookie chunks in the center
foreshadows what the eater can expect inside the cupcakes! :)

Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then frost. You can add an oreo cookie on the top for garnish otherwise, they're just as good without it!

Frosting
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 C of powdered sugar
- handful of crushed oreo cookies

Combine all ingredients and beat until pasty frosting is formed. You can chill it for 15 minutes so that cookies get a chance to flavor frosting.



ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...