07 June 2010

The Road

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly

Funny story...So, every time my mom passed by a video store or a redbox, she'd always mention this one movie in particular that she's been wanting to see for a while now. When I asked her what it's about, she explained to me, "It's a horror film with Liam Leeson, the guy from Taken!!". I love horror movies and I've always been a fan of Liam Neeson's work, needless to say, I became very interested in seeing the film myself.

The movie she was referring to is called The Road starring Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron, Robert Duvall, and Guy Pearce based on the novel by Cormack McCarthy. Even though the movie was not in fact a horror film nor did it star Liam Neeson (haha my mom couldn't have been more wrong), I enjoyed the film nevertheless and would recommend it to anyone. It's a beautiful, albeit depressing, and touching story about a father and son struggling in a post-apocalyptic world. It's pretty heavy, but will make you think about the world we live in today and how we've been treating Her. Also with all our hardships and struggles, it remind us to always be thankful for what we do have and to always treasure the ones we love and the time we're allotted to be with them because one day, they won't be there anymore and neither will we....depressing, but true.

peace&love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...