03 March 2010

Hair Food: Organix

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
In all the years I've lived leading up to this point, I spent quite a lot of time (& money) experimenting with hair. No, I've never gone too crazy and dyed it neon green or anything like that, but changes here and there and over time all the coloring, teasing, curling, heating, hair spraying chemical torture, has led to a lot of hair damage. I'm not a fan of constantly changing and switching up brands especially if a certain product(s) works for you very well. In the case of shampoo and conditioners, I viewed them all as being the same so I would usually just go for the cheapest kind. Unfortunately, what came with the cheapest kind also came the cheapest quality. It was only causing more damage to my hair and it got to the point where I couldn't even manage it anymore.  I did a little research and came across many websites and articles mentioning switching to paraben free, all organic hair products. Parabens are basically chemicals put into many beauty products and unfortunately also pharmaceutical products as well to help preserve it for a longer period of time. Here's what TotalBeauty.com had to say,





"The main concern over parabens in our beauty products is long term exposure to the chemicals which have been shown to disrupt the hormones and endocrine systems. Parabens imitate the chemical makeup of our hormones and can cause the body to over react or react to the chemicals which it thinks are hormones and consequently won't produce enough natural hormones for the body to properly function."


This information kinda freaked me out even though I haven't really experienced any bad side effects from products containing paraben.....yet. I'm always looking to be PROactive as opposed to REactive, so I did some research on more affordable organic shampoos and conditioners and came across a line called Organix. First of all, if you visit their website and check out the different flavors they have, it'll make your mouth water: Coconut Milk, Mandarin Olive Oil, Moca Espresso, Cherry Blossom Ginseng, Grapefruit Mango Butter, Passionfruit Guava, Cucumber Yogurt, and there's more!!



I went to my local Walmart and purchased the Tea Tree Mint shampoo and conditioner set and have been using it for about a month now. Since then, there has been a change in not only the manageability of my hair, but just the overall texture of my hair has gotten softer, smoother, silky. My hair has never felt better.


Pros: Attractive packaging and advertising, product lathers very well, a little goes a long way, smells AMAZING! the mint really pops and is very refreshing, very great hair results.

Cons: Wish it came in a bigger bottle (more product), the conditioner isn't as hydrating as the bottle says.

Overall these 2 products have more pros than cons, so I definitely recommend it for people who are looking to slowly transfer over to the green side. I personally had no intentions in going green per say, my hair was just at a breaking point and desperation kicked in. Again, it's better to be proactive, than reactive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...