20 March 2010

Carrot Cake Discs

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
Recently I had the most amazing dream about none other than......carrot cake!!

*crickets*

This dream in particular left my mouth watering as I awoke the next morning. It had such an affect on me that as soon as I got up I went straight to my journal and wrote a recipe for it! 15 minutes is a new record I think! :D As I proceeded to make, what was supposed to be cake batter, what I ended up with was a little thicker than usual, almost like cookie dough....then it rang! Why not make these into little Carrot Cake Cookies!! The result was pretty interesting to say the least. To the naked eye, you'd think they were cookies, but the texture and overall physical form of it feels like a muffin! Weird and unusual yet extremely delicious :)

I call these my Carrot Cake Discs!

My lovely brother enjoying some dessert! :)

if you'd like to try this recipe,




Discs

- 4 tbsp butter softened

- 1 1/4 C granulated sugar

- 1 C brown sugar

- 2 eggs

- 1/2 C cottage cheese

- 1 tsp vanilla extract

- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour

- 1 C whole grain oatmeal slightly crushed

- 1 tsp baking soda

- pinch of salt

- 1 tsp cinnamon

- 1/2 tsp nutmeg

- (optional) 1/2 tsp grated ginger or powder ginger

- (optional) handful of almonds

Combine dry ingredients with a whisk until well incorporated. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar, then blend in eggs one at a time and add cottage cheese and vanilla extract and beat until well blended. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until batter forms. Should be slightly thick. Spoon out small dollops of the batter (like you're making cookies) onto a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 °F for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on a baking rack.


Frosting

- 1/2 package of cream cheese softened

- 4 tbsp butter softened

- 1 C powdered sugar (or to taste)

Cream the butter and cream cheese, then slowly blend in the powdered sugar until slightly stiff, but still creamy.


Generously frost cookies and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...