15 February 2010

Banana Protein Pancakes

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
This is probably the most delicious HEALTHY pancake recipe I've ever tried. I'm always looking for easy and different ways to incorporate oatmeal into my breakfast other than the typical way to prepare it. I came across this recipe on Tone It Up and fell in love with it. It's one of those recipes that you can change up anyway you like. I happen to have bananas at home, which is what the recipe calls for but you can certainly use whatever you have be it strawberries, blueberries, even dark chocolate chips would taste delicious!:)

 


For this easy recipe,



-1 huge dollop low-fat cottage cheese
-1/2 banana
-1/4 C egg whites
-1/2 C whole grain oat meal
-1 scoop vanilla protein powder
-maple syrup or any natural sweetener (for serving)

Smash banana with the cottage cheese and egg whites until creamy. Then add dry ingredients and combine until batter forms (will be thicker). Fry on medium heat until bubbles form on top (should be golden brown) and flip until other side is golden brown.

Serve with fresh fruit, cottage cheese, and drizzle with syrup of your choice! ENJOY!!


Sidenote: If you're wondering to yourself, "Ewww, no sugar?? it won't be sweet enough!"

Let me assure you. These pancakes have plenty of natural sweeteners coming from the bananas as well as the protein powder. Plus, if you eat your pancakes with syrup (and chances are, ya do!) it'll be sweet enough. TRUST ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...