Strawberry, Banana, and Napa Cabbage
Today I decided to try a new green in my smoothie. I've always loved napa cabbage, of course, in salads as well as stir fry, so I figured why not enjoy it in a drink? :o)Because I wasn't sure how it would taste, I went with the traditional Strawberry & Banana.
Healthwise, napa cabbage is filled with benefits.
- For one, it only has 15 calories.
- Folate filled, which means a healthy heart and metabolism
- It's filled with B-Complex Vitamins as well as A, C, K.
- It's also a natural source of electrolytes and calcium.
- Abundant in dietary fiber
I must confess though, I did add a little bit of kale (I think I may be addicted) for the added health benefits, but also I was hoping it would add a little more green to an otherwise very pink smoothie. But I guess as long as the greens are IN the smoothie, it doesn't matter what color it actually turns out hehe :oP
Get Your Feast On!