My adorable mom who has taken the reigns for a VERY festive holiday season in the house gave me the greatest DIY idea. Instead of throwing away those old coasters, re-vamp them! I chose to do a snowflake design because it'll not only fit the holiday spirit, but can be used the entire winter season.
I never realized what a big difference something so small like a coaster can do to your home. These coasters put a smile on my face every time I look at them or set my drink down :)
What You'll Need:
- an old coaster
- red acrylic paint
- paint brush
- white blank paper (or scratch)
- Triple Thick Glaze
- glitter nail polish (optional)
- Wash and dry surface of coaster you'll be painting on.
- Brush on two coats of red acrylic paint (allow to dry before each coat)
- Create snowflake using paper and scissors. For an easy tutorial, click here.
- Make sure snowflake is completely flat. Place it between heavy books for an hour to make sure.
- Brush a little bit of Triple Thick Glaze on back of snowflake and carefully glue it onto top of coaster. Make sure there's no air pockets. Let dry.
- Using glitter nail polish, evenly paint over snowflake. Let dry.
- Finish off with Triple Thick Glaze. Air dry for several hours.
It's hard to tell in this picture, but the glitter polish I used had a silver shimmery base with some blue larger glitters mixed in. In person, the silver looks so beautiful and perfect for a snowflake design.
Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season so far!
Get Your Feast On!