06 November 2012

Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly


During this time of year, pumpkins are EVERYWHERE including in our beverages! Yesterday, I pureed a huge pumpkin, so I've been brainstorming up ideas on different ways to use pumpkin puree. The first thing that came to mind is THE Pumpkin Spice Latte made popular by Starbucks. I've heard so many people rave and rave about this drink and since I love coffee and pumpkin, I figured I'd give it a try. I looked at some awesome recipes online and was able to concoct my own easy and healthier version of it.

 I opted to use stevia instead of real sugar and I also added some salt because I just think salt enhances anything sweet. In most recipes you can find, people also like to top this off with a lot of whipped cream. I personally LOVE the taste of pumpkin and so I decided that the whipped cream would've been too much....at least for me.

All in all, I LOVE this. It's so decadent!

Hope you enjoy!



Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients
  • 3/4 Mug extra strong coffee (or espresso)
  • 1/2 Mug 2% milk (preferrably whole/half & half)
  • 3 tablespoons stevia
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • pinch of salt

Cooking Directions
  1. Brew some extra strong coffee.
  2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine rest of ingredients (milk, vanilla, pumpkin, spices, & salt).
  3. Heat until bubbles start to form. Whisk until it becomes somewhat frothy.
  4. Poor into mug with coffee.

As I mentioned, I have A LOT of pumpkin puree, so be on the look out for an onslaught of pumpkin recipes! :)

Get Your Feast On!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...