|the "blood" got a bit runny near the end lol|
With Halloween quickly approaching, here's a fun and easy last minute treat you can prepare for any Halloween festivity. I used already made muffins, but you can certainly make your own cake if you prefer.
Thank you to Food Network for the inspiration!
Halloween Cake Eyeballs
- 3 cups red velvet muffin or cake crumbles
- 1/2 container cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- several chocolate chips
- a few marshmallows
- red and blue food coloring
- In a large bowl or food processor, combine cake crumbs and frosting until can easily be formed into balls.
- Form balls delicately into desired size.
- In a separate bowl, melt white chocolate and let cool slightly (be careful not to burn yourself!).
- Roll/dip balls into white chocolate until fully coated.
- Let sit on parchment paper or greased surface in the refrigerator until coating has solidified.
- Using a bit of blue food coloring, mold into the marshmallow chunks until pale blue & sticky. Form small circular shape for the iris, should be bigger than chocolate chip. Place chocolate chip in center as pupil to complete eyes.
- Using a toothpick and red food coloring, draw on red zig-zags for "blood-shot" look.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
A Halloween DIY post coming up next! :)
Get Your Feast On!