01 January 2012

2012 New Year's Resolutions

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly


I can't believe another year is upon us! Someone asked me what my New Year's Resolutions are...............

I'm going to be honest; I never really believed in New Year's Resolutions. Why wait until the beginning of each year? What's stopping you from improving yourself say....in the middle of June? It should be All Year Round Resolutions if you ask me.

And yet, I sit here scratching my head wondering why indeed. Truth is, It's so much easier said than done. For whatever reasons, whether we're too busy, or maybe life is currently being a troll and has you set on "Pause" at a crossroads (hmmm), we lose track of ourselves.

And this is where, my epiphany begins. People who say they don't believe in New Year's Resolutions are genuinely content with their lives or at least think they are and that's great. But I no longer want it to even be in question. We can ALWAYS change for the better and who am I to say it's silly to ring in the New Year with a fresh set of goals. Better than never doing it at all.

I have 3 New Years Resolutions for 2012 and hopefully the rest of my life and that is to 1. Be more mindful physically. 2. To always be present emotionally. And 3. To remember that there's always room to improve...in health, in wisdom, in morality, spiritually, and that I do in fact have more control than I think I do.

LMAO I hate being sensitive. Normal people don't blog about this crap. oh well! Speaking of which, I may use this blog as a way to keep me on track because it's honestly cathartic and has become such a joy to do.

Anyways, I wish you all lots and lots of love, luck, success, happiness, laughter, and many blessings this year! Unless of course, the Mayans were right. Then in that case, carpe diemt! ;)


Happy New Year!


Feast On,
Andrea Marie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...