07 December 2011

Lime Bars aka "Limeys"!

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly


Last time I tried making a lemon/lime bar, it came out a complete failure. This time around, I was able to fix my mistakes.......only to make new ones haha! BUT the final result was overall a success!! Because of oven issues, I couldn't use the 11x7, which would've been the perfect size for this dish. I had to make do with an 8x8. Silly me, didn't think to lower my ingredient portions, so my crust ended up quite thicker than normal.

Surprisingly, I think I like it better this way!

If you want to try this recipe,



Crust
- 1 C butter soften
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine flour, butter, and sugar in medium bowl until soft dough forms. Press into bottom of baking dish. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until firm and golden brown.


Filling
- 4 eggs
- juice of 5 limes (1/4 C)
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- green food coloring (optional)

After crust has baked and slightly cooled. Whisk together all filling ingredients until well combined. To be more festive, add 1 small drop of green food coloring to mixture. Pour over baked crust and bake again for another 15-20 minutes. Bars will continue to firm up as it cools.

Dust powdered sugar over tops of bars and serve hot or cold!


ENJOY!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy,at first I thought the filling is jelly :)
    I am your new follower now...
    Midweek Fiesta @every Wednesday

    Decorating Challenge-Buttercream Icing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Limeys look SO good! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    Love your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a thick crust so I would call this a happy accident! :D I love lemon bars but have never tried lime bars, sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute and sound delicious! I love their limey name too :) Thanks for visiting Yummy Mummy Kitchen. I'm happy to have found you and following back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. oh my gosh. my mouth is watering.

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! These look delicious! I love the color of them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...