I was recently interviewed by Smashion.com, a free fashion market where you can sell your old stuff (ebay) or even create a store for handmade clothing and accessories (Etsy). Only difference is, it's 100% free to sign-up. You get 100% of the profit, so no selling fees. It's pretty awesome!!
check it out!
Get to know Smashionistas up close & personal!
andreamarie387, a Smashionista since 06-Jan-10, recently had an interview with us. Andrea loves recycling her closet and hopes you find something you'll love in her store.
Check out some of her seller's tips in her interview!
Smashion: Tell us a little about yourself.
andreamarie387: My name is Andrea. I'm currently 23 years old and a lover of fashion and recycling. I'm a strong advocate in the saying "one person's trash is another person's treasure". Although I wouldn't call it "trash" just...old belongings! :)
Smashion: Tell us about your store. What kind of items are you selling?
andreamarie387: My store isn't really anything out of the ordinary. I have a variety of clothing, dresses, jeans, tops for every season and occasion. I'm in the process of posting more up too.
Read the Full Interview
- Smashion: Why did you decide to start selling apparel online? andreamarie387: To be honest, I needed extra money and normally I would give my old clothing to charity, but I came across this website and thought..why not? I absolutely love it.
- Smashion: What do you love about Smashion? And what would you like to see added? andreamarie387: The site itself is very easy to navigate and use. I love that you can interact with other fashion lovers through the marketplace, forums, lounge, etc. It's just a fun place. Also, it's FREE!! :)
- Smashion: What words of wisdom do you have for sellers who are new to Smashion / selling online? andreamarie387: Be very patient! Don't expect to sell days after you create your store. Good luck!
- Smashion: Do you have any photography tips for other sellers? andreamarie387: Make sure that you take clear pictures of your items. It also helps to take multiple shots from different angles/lighting, so that your potential buyers can really see what they'll be buying.
- Smashion: What do you do to market & promote your store? andreamarie387: I occasionally link my store to my facebook and I have a Smashion badge on my blog. Also word of mouth helps, tell your friends about the website and your store.
- Smashion: 3 fun facts about you: andreamarie387: Some other hobbies of mine include, cooking & baking, art (oil painting/oil pastel). I have a passion for Chicago sports (Bulls, Blackhawks, Bears, White Sox!).