29 June 2010

mammatus!

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
So a few weeks ago we had a string of pretty intense storms, tornado warnings and sightings, flash floods, hurricane like winds, etc. I can't recall exactly which day it was, but it was a few moments before a storm hit us. The "quiet before a storm" as they call it. I looked outside and looked up towards the sky expecting to see a blanket of dark & gray, but instead I saw little clumps of puffy cotton balls scattered all over the sky like puzzle pieces of a giraffe's coat. It looked pretty surreal to me, so I made sure to take pictures and record a video. My brother saw them and immediately knew what they were, mammatus clouds. Very interesting!





Fortunately, the weather was kind to us today with clear blue skies and sunshine. That could very well change by tomorrow though haha. We'll have to see.

Peace&Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...