24 October 2013

Move Over Mae Ploy! - (Easy) Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly


How foolish of me to have posted a Lumpia recipe without even mentioning the perfect dip to go with it!!--Sweet Chili Sauce along with Sriacha are probably my 2 favorite condiments of all time (next to mayo and ketchup). Particularly with protein whether it's chicken, fish, steak, even in a BBQ sauce, and of course egg rolls, I enjoy a side of this sauce.

The bottled kind is more mild, sweet, but still extremely delicious. My version is more tailored to my more spicy and less tart preference, which is why I was so excited to have learned how to make this. I thank the youtube channel called RunnyRunny9 for the basic tips! I also added some salt for a little depth.

Now that I know just how easy it is to make this, I look forward to saving a few bucks since all the ingredients are a staple in our pantry! Feel free to try this out yourself and create YOUR perfect sauce! :o)




Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce

Ingredients
  • 1/4 Cup Water
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (more if you want more heat)
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon cold water
  • 1 teaspoon corn starch
Cooking Directions
  1. Over medium heat, combine water, vinegar, and sugar in a medium sauce pot. Heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
  2. Add chili flakes and salt. Wait until slightly bubbling (not full boil)
  3. In a separate container (small bowl) dissolve corn starch (1 teaspoon) in cold water (1 teaspoon). Add into pot.
  4. Lower heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens.


Get Your Feast On!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...