05 May 2012

Citrus Tilapia Dinner

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly



So now that winter's over, everyone's trying their best to get back into shape for the warmer weather including myself.


I've been slowly trying to cook and eat even more healthy than I already do. Seafood is my absolute favorite. In this case, I'm using tilapia and although I enjoy just simple seasoning, baked or steamed, served with veggies and some rice, it may be boring to many, so I like to top it with key ingredients like flavored butter, citrus zest, etc.

This is nothing fancy, but I thought I'd share it anyway for those who are looking for an easy healthy meal that takes no time at all.


Citrus Tilapia Dinner


Ingredients
    • bundle of asparagus
    • olive oil
    • 1 tsp orange zest
    • 1 tsp lime zest 
    • juice of half an orange
    • pinch of salt
    • pinch of pepper
    • 3 tbsp sour cream
    • 2 tsp dijon mustard
    • juice of half orange
    • juice of whole key lime
    • salt & pepper to taste

    Instructions

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

    Fish
    Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper as well as orange and lime zest. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top over filets.
    Place fish onto sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside.

    Veggies 
    prepare asparagus by snapping or cutting the bottoms. Chop into 2 inch pieces. Chop onions into pieces.
    Place vegetables onto separate sheet pan lined with foil. Season the vegetables the same way you did the fish.
    Place both sheet pans into oven and bake. Fish should take 15-20 minutes. Vegetables 30 minutes or until asparagus is nice and tender and onions start to caramelize.



    For the citrus cream sauce
    In a medium bowl stir together, sour cream, dijon mustard, orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest, salt & pepper.
    Adjust any or all ingredients to fit your liking.
    Drizzle over fish and/or vegetables.


    Powered by Recipage
    
    


    Serve with cooked rice. Yummy!


    Feast On!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...