11 October 2010

Jour de l'Action de grâce

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!

In Canadian parliament, Thanksgiving is to be celebrated on the 2nd monday of every October to give thanks to God for a bountiful harvest. However, I'm sure nowadays it's celebrated in a non-religious manner like we do here in America.  I'm not Canadian nor am I American, but the beauty about this holiday is that no matter its origins can be celebrated by anyone who is thankful...for whatever it is they're thankful for.

Anyways, if you can't already tell from reading my blog I find myself very drawn to other cultures including their cuisine. In the case of The Great White North, a typical Thanksgiving menu is pretty similar to one you'd find here in America.


pictures borrowed from foodnetwork.com

Beet Soup 



Roast Turkey with Cornbread Stuffing


Cranapple Relish

Brussels Sprouts 

Mashed Potatoes 


Burnished Squash Wedges 


Pumpkin Pie 
(my favorite fall dessert!)


I'd like to personally thank Canada for awesome maple syrup, HOCKEY, good bacon, and for being awesome neighbors up north. Those are of course, stereotypical things Canada is known for. I'm sure there are more that can be noted for like FREE HEALTHCARE, Something us Americans can only dream of :(  I am genuinely thankful for all those things (especially hockey lol), so please don't be offended if you are in fact Canadian and reading this.

peace&love

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm all these pics make my mouth water for thanksgiving dinner.. living in new Hampshire we have pure maple syrup .. can't live without it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...