04 September 2010

Daily Decisions Determine Destiny!

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
Lately, I've been a slave to all the yummy snacks we have at the house. From, Oreos, all kinds of cookies, candy bars to fruit juices haha. I'm not complaining!! BUT, it has messed with me a little bit. We do also have a lot of healthy snacks like fresh fruits, oats, bran, LOTS of veggies, but sometimes it's easier to reach for the stuff that's already there prepared waiting for you to eat it. I was sick of making the wrong decisions, so late last night I made a yummy & super nutritious broccoli salad and my balsamic vinaigrette. This salad has always worked in keeping me away from the bad stuff BUT, one ingredient is missing and I'm hoping that one ingredient doesn't make the difference lol....CRUNCHY BACON BITS!!



simple salad
- 1 C broccoli flourets chopped
- 1 C cucumber chopped
- 3/4 C dried cranberries
- 1 C roasted peanuts (or any nuts!) finely chopped

*I didn't have bacon this time, but if you have it, render it off over medium-high heat until it gets crunchy (1/4 C). It adds another layer of delicious flavor!

vinaigrette
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp clover honey
- 1/2 C extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper (to taste)

The dressing is very light and since we're using very sturdy veggies (as opposed to delicate lettuce), you can go ahead and add the vinaigrette before serving and store it in refrigerator. It will taste even better the next few days! :)


Here's to making good decisions!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...