Sesame Chicken with a Blackberry BBQ Glaze
served with Mixed Veggies
This is probably one of the easiest chicken dishes ever. It's semi-Asian inspired and very delicious!
For the recipe
- 2 lb pack of chicken drumsticks (or any part of the chicken you like)
- 3/4 C soy sauce
- 1/4 C blackberry wine
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (not too much, this stuff is strong!)
- splash of water
- 1 heaping tbsp of Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste (not too much since you already have the soy sauce)
- pinch of white sesame seeds
- 3 C of your favorite veggies chopped
Combine all the ingredients above in a bowl. Season chicken with salt and pepper and marinate in mixture for a few hours (overnight works too!).
Bake for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
While chicken is baking. Boil remaining marinate for 5 minutes or until it's reduced to almost half. You can either brush glaze onto chicken halfway through cooking time or glaze when chicken is done baking. Sprinkle sesame seeds as garnish and serve with whatever side you like. I ate mine with a side of mixed vegetables (just sautee a bunch of your favorite vegetables and use some of the remaining marinate mixture to flavor the vegetables).