15 April 2010

Baked Salmon w/ Black Beans & Veggies

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly
I love salmon, although, I've always had a difficult time cooking and preparing it. Wait, I take that back. The cooking part is easy, but what to cook it WITH is the difficult task. The only way I know how to is to bake it or grill it with some sort of vegetable side or salsa.  For me personally, I don't get bored with it, but for versatility's sake, I need to start exploring other ways. Nonetheless, salmon's one of my favorites.

If anyone knows any recipes, please share!


 
 Forgive the messy plating. This is my attempt at piling the stuff as neatly as possible on top of each other in an attempt to make it look "gourmet". FAIL!!! :D


For the recipe,

Baked Salmon with Black Beans & Veggies A nice seafood dinner on a beautiful spring afternoon/evening. The easiest dish ever and so delicious!


- 4 wild salmon fillet (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- white wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 golden onion diced
- 1/2 C carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 C canned black beans drained
- 3 C cabbage chopped
- 3 C baby spinach
- 2 tbsp black bean sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp juice of a lime


Salmon

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan to medium-high.

Season fillet with salt and pepper on one side, place seasoned side onto oil and sear for 3-4 minutes, season other side, flip salmon and sear for 2 minutes.

Line baking sheet with foil and bake salmon for 10 minutes.


Black Beans & Veggies

Add 2nd tbsp of olive oil to pan used for salmon, saute onions, garlic, and ginger until tender. Add carrots and black bean sauce and saute until slightly tender. Pour white wine to deglaze pan. Add cabbage and let simmer until cabbage is wilted. Combine black beans and baby spinach then season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice at the last minute.



Serve salmon over bed of rice or bulgur with the mixed veggies on the side or dressed on top of salmon. ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogasphere. Please leave me a comment; I love reading all of them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...